Kaltern is an ideal starting point for hikes of varying degrees of difficulty.
Here are some of our personal favourites:
- hiking through the blossom in March: Frühlingstal valley from Kaltern to Montiggl
- taking the Mendel Railway on the Mendel and from there onto the Roen
- through the forest to Montiggler Lake
- along the Wine Road through Überetsch and Unterland
- through the Überetsch, to castles and the ice holes
Many more hiking tips can be found on the outdoor portal for South Tyrol on www.sentres.com.
Kaltern and the surrounding area has a good public transport network which connects the hiking destinations. Day or week tickets are available from the tourist information office.